Monday, December 12, 2011

Instructional Video

Here is my video on the use of directional terms in biology:



I feel that instructional videos have many uses in the science classroom. They can show things to an entire class that may be too small or too dangerous. For example, in my video, I showed directional terms relating to an insect. It is really hard to show small things to more than a few students at a time. Other uses may be as study materials for students to review concepts, experiments, or demonstrations at home where other materials might not be available, such as to recreate a demonstration.



2 comments:

  1. I really like your introduction and your use of a car to illustrate the terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video! I like how you presented the ideas. However, your sound wasn't consistent which may be more of a microphone issue than with the program you used to make your movie.

    My one suggestion has nothing to do with the technology but as an idea for helping the students at the end of the video help quiz themselves. When you have the duck/turkey animal and you give time for them to quiz themselves, it was difficult on such short notice to know where exactly to label the terms we had used. I think if this were an introductory video, I would like to see at least arrows to different parts of the animal with blanks for the labels. Then later on they can quiz themselves without arrows or a wordbank even.

    I think it's great that you used all of your own photos!

    ReplyDelete