Friday, September 9, 2011

The toad bug and me

As a word of introduction to this new blog of mine, created for my technology class, this is ME. Or more accurate backwards: EM(ily). If you can't already tell, I have a cheesy sense of humor inherited from my father. He's a big tease, and so am I. I also have the compulsive desires to rhyme and alliterate. Poetry is a love of mine and is one of my favorite ways to express myself.
My first blog was inspired by my desire to share my creative expressions of emotion and can be found here: http://perserendplexipity.blogspot.com/

As for my education and career aspirations, I am a post-baccalaureate biology teaching student. I graduated with a Biology degree in April, because I have always loved science. I once wrote an essay in 3rd grade about how my favorite TV show was Bill Nye the Science Guy (...BILL...bill...bill...). Some of my favorite areas within biology include the human immune system and autoimmune disorders, plants (I once considered being a landscape architect), and insects. It is that last interest that inspired the name of my blog, because the little toad bug, family Gelasticoridae, is my favorite thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment